Galileo Receiver for Mass Market Applications in the Automotive Area
The GAMMA-A project contributes to the preparation of the future market introduction of Galileo services and products in the primary domain of automotive applications.
The objective of the project is to develop a 3-frequency GALILEO/EGNOS/GPS satellite navigation receiver concept primarily for automotive applications. The project has been setup to overcome today's problems, that no suitable precise receivers are available for the specific needs of automotive applications (e.g. advanced driver assistance systems), which provide precise and reliable localisation performance within the environmental conditions of automotive applications. Further drawbacks of today's solutions are large volumes and prices of receivers which provide the necessary accuracy by using 2 frequency GPS and GLONASS signals.
The GAMMA-A project intends to push the state-of-the-art of GNSS receivers by combining GALILEO, EGNOS, and GPS signals in an advanced 3-frequency receiver architecture combining the L1 GPS/EGNOS/GALILEO signals with E5a/L5 GPS/GALILEO and E5b GALILEO and by elaboration of relevant core technologies and new solutions for architecture and implementation of the receiver subsystems.
- Fraunhofer IIS, Germany
- IMST GmbH, Germany
- Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany
- OECON GmbH, Germany
- TeleConsult Austria GmbH, Austria
- EADS Secure Networks, France
- InPosition gmbh, Switzerland
- The 425 Company, United Kingdom
- University of Bologna, Italy
- Tele+ Italia S.A.S., Italy
- Thales Alenia Space, France
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Supported by: Volkswagen AG, Group Research, Germany
- Galileo Supervisory Authority, under FP7 of the European Union
Successfully completed in 2011