Multipurpose Cooperative GNSS Service
OHB Digital Solutions GmbH provides a service for GNSS-data using the best positioning algorithms augmented with external information. Efficient client data management and cloud computing are significant performance elements for the scalability of MCGS.
With MCGS any type of GNSS-receiver will get a higher positioning accuracy in real-time by avoiding investments in high end devices or expensive infrastructure.
Key Features of the innovative MCGS
- Increased positioning accuracy and quality for mass-market receivers or Location Based Service Providers using the benefits of cooperative data processing
- Best possible data processing approach for each type of user device
- Real-time service with highest availability
- Best positioning quality to cost ratio
- High level of flexibility
- Simple integration into existing GNSS-infrastructure
- Compatibility with all major industry-standards
- Designed for B2C solution providers and B2B service providers
The performance of GNSS positioning techniques and services depend on the quality and number of available GNSS receivers. Stand-alone mass-market receivers usually perform single point positioning based on code pseudoranges of a single frequency. This allows a typical positioning accuracy of some meters. Typical GNSS error sources are caused by satellites, signal propagation and the receiver performance.
To achieve significant higher accuracies much more expensive multi-frequency equipment needs to be used. This expensive equipment addresses more sophisticated data processing approaches like: Differential GNSS, Precise Point Positioning (PPP) or Real-Time Kinematic (RTK).
MCGS combines in real-time the best processing approaches with the ideas of cooperative client data processing and cloud computing. With MCGS the positioning accuracy and quality for mass-market receivers or Location Based Service Providers will be improved by using the benefits of cooperative data processing. The MCGS provides this advanced GNSS-data processing by augmenting the client measurements with precise a-priori data available at the server side using satellite clocks and orbits, local meteorological parameters, parameters of ionosphere, data from existing nearby GNSS-infrastructure and data from Geographic Information Systems (GIS). As result MCGS selects the best algorithm for each type of client device (from smartphones to geodetic grade devices) guaranteeing the most accurate navigation solution.
MCGS is a multipurpose service supporting any kind of user application from location-based services using mass-marked devices to high-precision system based on the most advanced receivers.
With MCGS any type of GNSS-receiver will get a higher positioning
accuracy in real-time by avoiding investments in high end devices or expensive infrastructure.
Service providers (e.g. mobile providers) use MCGS to address new customers by lowering the price entrance level in comparison to high priced GNSS equipment.
Supported Standards and Protocols:
- RTCM 2.3, RTCM 3.1
- NMEA 0183
- NTRIP version 2.0
- ESA SISNeT
MCGS uses the following information:
- Raw measurements: multi-frequency, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
- Precise Satellite ephemeris and clocks
- Meteorological parameters (air pressure, humidity, temperature)
- Sophisticated models for signal delay in troposphere (GPT2w, GALTROPO, etc. )
- Different models for signal delay in ionosphere (Klobuchar, NeQuick, Global Ionosphere Grid, etc. )
- Correction information from EGNOS Data Access Service
- Measurements and correction data from GNSS networks
- GIS data (where available)